FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q.Do you have any other locations?
We have only one location for hands-on training. People travel from all around the globe to learn at The Stone and Tile School. However, our eLearning courses deliver training that can be taken from anywhere you want.
Q.Do I need experience in the industry to qualify?
No. In both our hands-on courses as well as our online courses we regularly teach experienced people that want to improve their skills as well as novices that are breaking into the field. All training is presented in a low student to instructor ratio to allow each student the opportunity to have ample time to interact with the instructor/instructors. An added advantage of most of our eLearning courses is that students will have to opportunity to review and circle back as often as needed with the refresher video lessons.
Q.How long are the hands-on classes each day?
Generally, classes begin at 9:00 every morning. Depending on class size, discussions, etc. the classes typically let out somewhere between 3:30 – 5:00 pm. Classes ending on Fri & Sun will be released no later than 3:00 pm, so flights can be met.
Q.Is there a dress code?
We don’t have a dress code per se. The only thing we ask is for students to wear non-slip shoes and full length pants (no shorts).
Q.Are meals included in the price?
The short answer is no. However, we always have a variety of hot and cold drinks and snacks available at the school. We have a Keurig and fine coffee to start your morning off. We find it best and encourage students to go out for lunch and clear their heads. Then come back eager to learn. We’ve found that 8 hours in a confined area is not conducive for learning. Comprehension begins to fade after 5-6 hours. Some choose to bring their own food and eat here at the school, and that’s perfectly fine. We have plenty of space. We provide a We do order in lunch periodically, and take students out for lunch, dinner or sometimes both. How about a little Karaoke?
Q.Do you offer installation classes?
- No. We are a restoration school. We do not currently offer installation classes.
- We can however, recommend a school.
Q.How many different classes do you offer?
We offer 3 Essential courses in our hands-on training, and many more courses in our eLearning offerings.. The list is constantly growing and changing. We recommend that you sign up for our newsletter to be notified of new courses being offered.
Q.How many other students will be in the class?
We limit our classes to 5 students. This allows all students to have their own equipment and stone to work on, and allows more of a 1 on 1 style environment for learning.
Q.Do I get certified after taking the course?
Unfortunately, there is no certification in the stone and tile industry for restoration training. However, we do offer a certificate of completion for every course completed. We also offer a badge for you to put on your website. Business cards, etc.
Q.Is this actually a “hands-on” course? Because many that say they are, are not.
We ARE definitely a hands-on school. We have both classroom and hands on, but 85% of the class is actually working with a hand machine or floor machine on the task that was just instructed in the classroom.
Q.What makes your school different than other training schools?
- We do not sell equipment & supplies.
- We are the largest training facility of its kind.
- Every student has their own equipment and stone to work on.
- No standing around watching others do hands-on training.
- Small classes (5 max) ensure 1 on 1 time with instructor/instructors.
Q.Where are you located?
- We are located in Debary, FL. Debary is located between Orlando & Daytona just off I-4
- Only minutes from Universal, Disney, Sea World and world class Florida beaches.
- Come train with us and let your family take in the many attractions!
Q.Who comes to your school?
- Business opportunity seekers. (This is a very profitable business!)
- Natural stone technicians looking to advance their skills.
- Cleaning companies looking to get into hard surface care.
- Natural stone related franchises that can benefit from learning natural stone restoration.
Q.Why do people come to your school?
- Reputation. We are recognized as a world class school.
- Many are referred from others that have already been through the training.
- They come to learn a profitable trade.
- They come to learn time proven methods to restore, maintain and repair natural stone.
- To learn from seasoned pros.