Stone and Tile Troubleshooting and Inspection Course
Failures, poor installations and other issues with stone and tile flooring are on the rise. Restoration and installation contractors, architects, building engineers, maintenance staff, and anyone else who has to deal with stone and tile installation and restoration can benefit from this course, gaining valuable knowledge about stone and tile failures, troubleshooting, and inspection.
For those who wish to be certified inspectors, this course will also offer certification.
This course is a full 4 days with the certification test on the last day. Class size is limited. The cost of the class is $2500.00 per person.
The following is what will be covered in the comprehensive class:
- The Geology of Stone
- Understanding the Structure of Different kinds of stone and materials
- Identification of stone and tile types
- Quarry techniques that affect the final product
- Production of tile and slabs
- Fabrication and installation requirements
- Physical and Chemical Testing
- Stone and Tile Forensic Investigation
- Diagnosis of Problems
- Stone and Tile Restoration
- Repair and replacement
- Stain Removal
- Report writing
- Expert witness testimony
- Slip Resistance
- Laboratory testing
One day will be spent in the field examining failures.